We welcome tennis players of all standards and run a mix of leagues, tournaments and social sessions throughout the year for members to get plenty of game time. Learn about our teams, tournaments, coaching, memberships and more here.
The courts, guests and services
- Grafton has 8 well-maintained, floodlit tennis courts — 4 all weather and 4 artificial clay – for play all year round
- Tennis courts are available seven days a week from 8am to 10pm
- Court bookings are made via MyCourts for which all members receive a login on joining.
- The online MyCourts booking system allows courts to be booked up to 14 days in advance. 90 mins weekdays 19:00-22:00 and 120 mins all other times.
- Tennis racquet restringing services are available over the bar.
- The tennis court lights cost £5 for a 45 minute session if you want to play in the evenings.
- Tennis guests can play in off-peak hours only, i.e. up to 4pm weekdays and after 4pm at weekends. All guests must sign in and provide contact details for track and trace purposes, and pay the £5 guest fee before play commences.
- Social sessions run Wednesdays from 6pm, and Sundays from 2pm (1pm in winter)
- Members of all standards are welcomed and we operate a mix in session so everyone is guaranteed some play.
Singles box leagues
- Box leagues operate throughout the year for those who would like to join.
- There are currently in excess of 20 leagues so it is open to all standards.
- Each league consists of 6 players and all play all over an 8 week period.
- Players move up and down leagues based on their position from the previous league.
- Grafton has a number of teams actively playing in local tournaments including Surrey Summer and Winter doubles leagues and Team Tennis leagues (singles and doubles). Please contact Murray Sutton (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- There are 4 Men’s, 3 Ladies, Ladies and Men’s Midweek Daytime and 2 Summer Mixed teams competing in the Surrey County Leagues.
- Practice sessions are held each Monday and Tuesday evening.
- Grafton also competes in the annual Millennium Cup; a local tournament aimed at intermediate level players.
- Throughout the year, Grafton hosts a number of doubles tournaments including American Doubles (April), The Grafton Cup (June) and The Fox Trophy (September).
- Summer and Winter Mixed Doubles tournaments are also held each year.
- All tournaments mentioned are open to all members.
- Adult tennis membership is £265 per year and there is no joining fee.
- Students and Juniors pay a reduced rate of £100 and £50 respectively.
- There are reduced off-peak rates (weekdays before 4pm and weekends after 4pm), discounted rates for couples/families and also combined squash and tennis options – full details can be found on our membership page.
- Potential members are welcome to come along to one of our social sessions to try us out first.
- Tennis membership includes an affiliation fee for the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) of British Tennis.
- Membership entitles you to be included in the draw for our allocation of Wimbledon tickets every year as well as many other benefits.
If you are already a British Tennis Member then you will need to switch your club to Grafton. Further details about the LTA are available at https://www.lta.org.uk/
JUNIOR & ADULT CLASSES 2020
EASTER TENNIS CAMP
Monday 6th April-Thursday 9th April 2020
Tuesday 14th April-Friday 17th April 2020
10am-2.30pm £30per day/£100per week
5-7yrs 10am-12pm only
For bookings email email@example.com
Tuesday 4pm-5pm 5-10yrs old £7 per session
Thursday 4pm-5pm 8plus intermediate level only
Academy Tennis 10plus on Everyday Monday-Friday 5-6.30pm
Above course you will have to have trial session.
Grafton Tennis Academy
This is for the more serious junior players who want to take their tennis to another level. Opportunity for juniors to train upto 5 times a week. Contact Gary Walker for more details or visit: https://www.graftontennisacademy.com/
Cardio Tennis Wednesday 11am-12pm £8 member £10 non members Matt 07765697858
Social Adult Coaching Friday 9.30am-11am £8 member £10 non member Alessandro 07817936899
Thursday Evenings set courses contact Matt 07765697858
Saturday 9am-10am Intermediate Level contact Steve 07787331381
Gary Walker ( 07979203517 ) – Head Coach
Gary has been coaching since 1990, working in various parts of London. He has spent the last 20 years based in South London where he has been Tennis Development Officer for both Lambeth and Wandsworth. Gary has also been Head Coach at several clubs with a strong focus on junior development. He has coached players with varying abilities and experience, from mini-red all the way to ITF level. Gary is involved with the day-to-day coaching at the academy as well as overseeing competition schedules for all players. He also travels, both with players for competition and training camps as well as seeing other academies in different countries to further his coaching knowledge.
Steve Dean ( 07787331381 ) – Assistant Head Coach
Steve is a licensed LTA Level 3 coach, formerly running the tennis programme at Tooting Bec Common. He coaches all age groups, from tiny tots through to adult team players. He delivers our weekend beginner group lessons and runs weekday team training sessions.
Alex Walker (Not available at present due to lack of capacity for new clients)
Alex was a top national junior player in the UK and represented Great Britain at U16 level. At U18 level he achieved an ITF World Ranking of 800 and also played in senior level ITF Futures events. He went on to represent Bath University in the BUSA Tennis league whilst he studied for his degree. Alex has a strong focus on the high performance players in the academy and works with our players everyday on all aspects of their game. Like Gary, Alex is constantly updating his coaching knowledge by learning how top players in different countries are training.
Alessandro Sciaraffa (07817 936899)
Alessandro’s tennis training has been extensive, from coaching alongside a number of grand-slam champions to travelling the world to perfect and develop his craft, mainly based and trained in the UK. During his time at Sanchez-Casal in Florida, Alessandro was the Head Coach of Mini-Tennis and implemented a holistic training programme so that players could compete Internationally and Nationally. Alessandro has been a touring coach on the Junior, Mens & Womens ITF circuit in Spain and Florida, supporting Top 100 Junior Boys and Girls with full strength, conditioning and mental training programmes. Alessandro believes in showing his players their potential, training them to achieve their goals and to enjoy their time on court. Alessandro trains all abilities from juniors to adults and can offer tailored training programmes for each player. You can read more on his website at https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/ASTENNISACADEMY
Matt Mauduit (07765 697858)
Matt is an LTA Level 3 Coach and has been Coaching for 10 years. Prior to joining the team at Grafton, Matt held coaching positions at 5-star resorts abroad including Forte Village in Sardinia and Pine Cliffs in Portugal. Matt then worked for the Annabel Croft Tennis Academy based at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton. Matt offers private lessons and group lessons to all ages and abilities as well as running the cardio tennis session. For his group lessons or Cardio Tennis, please visit his website to book at https://www.mattmsports.co.uk/