We welcome tennis players of all standards and run a mix of leagues, tournaments and social sessions throughout the year for members to get plenty of game time. Learn about our teams, tournaments, coaching, memberships and more here.
The courts, guests and services
- Grafton has 8 well-maintained, floodlit tennis courts — 4 all weather and 4 artificial clay – for play all year round
- Tennis courts are available seven days a week from 8am to 10pm
- Court bookings are made via MyCourts for which all members receive a login on joining.
- The online MyCourts booking system allows courts to be booked up to 14 days in advance. 90 mins weekdays 19:00-22:00 and 120 mins all other times.
- Tennis racquet restringing services are available over the bar.
- The tennis court lights cost £5 for a 45 minute session if you want to play in the evenings.
- Tennis guests can play in off-peak hours only, i.e. up to 4pm weekdays and after 4pm at weekends. All guests must sign in and provide contact details for track and trace purposes, and pay the £5 guest fee before play commences.
- Social sessions run Wednesdays from 6pm, and Sundays from 2pm (1pm in winter)
- Members of all standards are welcomed and we operate a mix in session so everyone is guaranteed some play.
Singles box leagues
- Box leagues operate throughout the year for those who would like to join.
- There are currently in excess of 20 leagues so it is open to all standards.
- Each league consists of 6 players and all play all over an 8 week period.
- Players move up and down leagues based on their position from the previous league.
- Grafton has a number of teams actively playing in local tournaments including Surrey Summer and Winter doubles leagues and Team Tennis leagues (singles and doubles). Please contact Murray Sutton (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- There are 4 Men’s, 3 Ladies, Ladies and Men’s Midweek Daytime and 2 Summer Mixed teams competing in the Surrey County Leagues.
- Practice sessions are held each Monday and Tuesday evening.
- Grafton also competes in the annual Millennium Cup; a local tournament aimed at intermediate level players.
- Throughout the year, Grafton hosts a number of doubles tournaments including American Doubles (April), The Grafton Cup (June) and The Fox Trophy (September).
- Summer and Winter Mixed Doubles tournaments are also held each year.
- All tournaments mentioned are open to all members.
- Adult tennis membership is £265 per year and there is no joining fee.
- Students and Juniors pay a reduced rate of £100 and £50 respectively.
- There are reduced off-peak rates (weekdays before 4pm and weekends after 4pm), discounted rates for couples/families and also combined squash and tennis options – full details can be found on our membership page.
- Potential members are welcome to come along to one of our social sessions to try us out first.
- Tennis membership includes an affiliation fee for the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) of British Tennis.
- Membership entitles you to be included in the draw for our allocation of Wimbledon tickets every year as well as many other benefits.
If you are already a British Tennis Member then you will need to switch your club to Grafton. Further details about the LTA are available at https://www.lta.org.uk/