We welcome squash players of all standards and run box leagues, tournaments and social sessions throughout the year for members to get plenty of court time. Our qualified England squash coaches are available for lessons and guidance to help players improve their game, and our Surrey Cup teams set aspirational standards to challenge you even further. Learn about our memberships, tournaments, teams and more here:
The courts, guests and services
- Grafton has three high standard squash courts with newly installed LED lighting suitable for professional play.
- The on-line members’ booking system enables court reservations up to 14 days in advance at https://grafton.mycourts.co.uk/bookings.asp
- Squash guests can play a limited number of times and cannot play during peak playing hours (17:30 – 22:00 Monday to Friday and 08:00 – 14:30 at weekends). The £5 guest fee must be paid by the member on the booking system before play commences.
- The squash court lights cost £5 for a 45 minute session; tokens to operate the lights are obtained from the token machine in the squash building
- Racketball (Squash 57) can be played on the squash courts and the necessary equipment can be borrowed from the club on request.
- Only members may book courts although they are permitted to play with a guest during off peak hours.
Social squash and tournaments
- Social squash evenings are normally held every Sunday from 4.45pm to 7.00pm and every Wednesday from 7.00pm to 9.15pm, providing a great opportunity to play opponents of different standards. You can book and pay for the sessions using your membership login via the court booking portal. Non-members can attend a couple of Sunday sessions before joining and pay cash on the day.
- A club closed and a handicap tournament are run each year, with more informal social squash tournaments organised throughout the year.
- Comprehensive internal leagues run each month with around 100 participants ensuring a wide-ranging standard across the club.
- Grafton has three teams competing in the Surrey Cup winter and summer county squash leagues.
- The first team range from approx. 6000-2800 squash levels points and play in Division 4. The second team range from 2800-1700 points and are currently in Division 7 but hopefully moving to a higher division this year. The recently relaunched third team is in Division 8 and aims to offer the chance for all members to get some experience playing club standard squash. Players in the third team range from 1700-700 points.
- All members are welcome to represent the club and enjoy hosting and being hosted by other clubs after competitive team fixtures on weekday evenings.
- If you are interested in playing for one of the Grafton Squash Teams, please get in touch via the ‘Contact Us’ button or through one of the team captains below, and we’ll get you into the nominations lists as soon as we can. The Surrey County Squash Leagues can be viewed at https://county.leaguemaster.co.uk.
- Squash captains:
- Adult squash membership is £200 per year and there is no joining fee.
- Off-peak membership is £139 per year, see details on our membership page.
- Students pay half the adult rates and the junior rate for those over 12 is £40 with under 12s priced at just £20.
- There is an option to pay by monthly direct debit as well as combined squash and tennis options; full details can be seen on our membership page.
- The squash court lights cost £5 for a 45 minutes session, so if you play, say, once per week, you would be looking at £130 in court fees for the year, in addition to your membership fee.
- You can join us by clicking on the button below, or come along to one of our social sessions to try us out first — £2.50 Sundays and £3.50 Wednesdays.
England Squash Membership
- Your Grafton Squash membership includes an affiliation fee to become a member of England Squash.
- As a member of England Squash you can access coaching videos, tournament information, live squash competition events and much more.
- Full details are available through England Squash at https://www.englandsquash.com/.
- Your Grafton Squash membership also entitles you to be included in the draw for our allocation of Wimbledon tickets each year — you just need to obtain your British Tennis Membership and register for the draw.
We have 3 qualified England Squash coaches providing group or individual lessons for adult and junior squash players throughout the week and weekend. Further details are available on our coaching page. All new members are currently offered a free 30 minute coaching session as an introduction to the club. Further details can be found on our membership page.