We welcome squash players of all standards and run a mix of leagues, tournaments and social sessions throughout the year for members to get plenty of game time. Learn about our teams, tournaments, memberships and more here.
The courts, guests and other services
- Grafton has three high standard squash courts with newly installed LED lighting suitable for professional play.
- The on-line members’ booking system enables court reservations up to 14 days in advance at https://grafton.mycourts.co.uk/bookings.asp
- Squash guests can play a limited number of times. All guests must sign in and provide contact details for COVID-19 track and trace purposes, and pay the £5 guest fee before play commences.
- Squash racquet restringing services are available over the bar.
- The squash court lights cost £5 for a 45 minutes session, so if you play, say, once per week, you would be looking at £130 in court fees for the year on a pay as you go basis.
- Racketball (Squash 57) can be played on the squash courts and the necessary equipment can be borrowed from the club on request.
Social squash and tournaments
- Social squash evenings are held every Sunday from 5.30pm to 7.30pm and every Wednesday from 7.00pm to 9.00pm, providing a great opportunity to play opponents of different standards.
- A club closed and a handicap tournament are run each year, with more informal social squash tournaments organised throughout the year.
- Comprehensive internal leagues run each month with around 70 participants ensuring a wide-ranging standard across the club.
- Grafton has three teams competing in the Surrey Cup winter and summer county squash leagues.
- The first team range from approx. 6000-2800 squash levels points and play in Division 4. The second team range from 2800-1700 points and are currently in Division 7 but hopefully moving to a higher division this year. The recently relaunched third team is in Division 8 and aims to offer the chance for all members to get some experience playing club standard squash. Players in the third team range from 1700-700 points.
- All members are welcome to represent the club and enjoy hosting and being hosted by other clubs after competitive team fixtures on weekday evenings.
- If you are interested in playing for one of the Grafton Squash Teams, please get in touch via the ‘Contact Us’ button or through one of the team captains below, and we’ll get you into the nominations lists as soon as we can. The Surrey County Squash Leagues can be viewed at https://county.leaguemaster.co.uk.
- Squash captains:
- 1st Team — Louis Robjant, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2nd Team — Daniel Compton (email@example.com) or Daniel Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 3rd Team — Graeme Hogarth, (email@example.com)
- Adult squash membership is £200 per year and there is no joining fee.
- Students and Juniors pay reduced rates of £100 and £50 respectively.
- There is also a 6 month membership option, an option to pay by monthly direct debit, discounted rates for couples/families and combined squash and tennis options; full details can be seen on our membership page.
- You can join us by clicking on the button below, or come along to one of our social sessions to try us out first — £5 per session for non-members.
England Squash Membership
- Your Grafton Squash membership includes an affiliation fee to become a member of England Squash.
- As a member of England Squash you can access coaching videos, tournament information, live squash competition events and much more.
- Full details are available through England Squash at https://www.englandsquash.com/.
- Your Grafton Squash membership also entitles you to be included in the draw for our allocation of Wimbledon tickets each year — you just need to obtain your British Tennis Membership and register for the draw.
Squash coaching is available from Graeme Hogarth, England Squash Level 1 Coach, for £30 first session and £25 every subsequent session. A block of 4 sessions is also available for £90. Harry Parkes also provides squash coaching and is available during the day Monday to Friday.
Graeme has played at the Grafton for nearly 20 years. Having come to squash at a relatively late age (34) he was soon captaining the first team in the Surrey Leagues and now plays at second and third team level. He has represented Surrey at over 50s level and set up the junior squash programme in 2011. You can contact Graeme via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mobile: 07890 875 696 for one-to-one or group coaching sessions on Saturdays or weekday evenings.
Harry has played squash for many years and plays team squash at 3rd team level. He can be contacted on his mobile: 07979 694489.
Junior Squash Coaching
A successful junior squash programme has run at the Grafton for the past four years with coaches Graeme Hogarth (ESR level 1 and organiser) and Duncan Marlow (ESR level 2). We try and have a mix of technical development and fun games, often having handicapped tournaments so that players of all standards can play one another. Sessions are open to both members and non-members and work on a pay and play basis (currently £5 per player per session). We provide rackets, safety goggles, balls and biscuits, so come along and get introduced to a life-long hobby.
The sessions run from 3-5 pm every Saturday during term time. From 3-4 pm the focus is on younger players and beginners and from 4-5 pm we have intermediate and advanced players from age 11 to 17. One of our first group of players, Andre Bharath is now one of our top 3rd team players and this year’s current junior players Vivian Hogarth and Gabriel Bowen represented Wandsworth and Lambeth respectively in the London Youth Games. We currently enter a team in Division 2 of the Surrey Junior Leagues and are aiming to also enter a younger team (8-11 years) this year.