Social and events
At Grafton, the social scene is very much the heartbeat of the club – both on court and off court. Our members make our club what it is and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming and friendly place for people of all backgrounds and standards to play sport and socialise.
We aim to provide something for everyone including weekly tennis/squash social sessions, club parties, one day tournaments and more. The club has an active social committee made up of volunteers who organise events but we welcome ideas from around the club.
We provide a full social calendar so our members have plenty of opportunities to socalise throughout the year. It’s also a great way for new members to get involved and meet others. Some highlights include:
- Monthly quiz nights – run by different members each month after Wednesday social tennis, but open to all
- Summer and Christmas parties
- Fun one day tournaments including American Doubles and The Fox (fancy dress fun)
- Grafton Cup – one day doubles tournament
- Squash handicap tournaments
- Opportunity to play real tennis at Hampton Court or at the Wimbledon AELTC practice courts
- Pub crawls, wine tasting, table tennis evenings and much more…
Check out the tennis and squash sections for more information on the weekly social sessions. Grafton also offers a social only membership (no tennis or squash playing) for just £50 a year which provides access to the club bar and all the social events. Click below to join today.